Magnolia League was born on a golf trip among lifelong friends—an annual tradition that taught us how to pack for wherever the weekend takes us. Here's what we've learned—our list of must-have golf gear, clothing, and accessories to grip it and trip it:
- Essential Golf Gear & Clothing: the latest and greatest must-haves for the course - bags, balls, shoes, all-seasons clothing, hats, towels, and yardage book.
- Essential Golf Trip Accessories: the keys to unlocking the ultimate golf trip - travel bags, coolers, booze, speakers, sunscreen, skincare, snacks, hydration, 19th hole.
- Golf Trip Inspiration: some of our favorite blogs for inspiration on where to go, what to do, and planning the ultimate trip.
Now check out the list, book the ticket, and take the ride.
Part I: Golf Gear & Clothing
- Golf Bag - Penfold Heritage Sunday Bag: Love the vintage look on this rugged waxed canvas and full-grain leather golf bag.
- Balls - Piper Golf: With tour-quality balls at amateur prices, you’ll want to stock up at Piper.
- Tees - Western Birch Premium Wood Tees: Premium wooden and bamboo tees with an old-school cool look.
- Towels - Sentinel Kontex Golf Towel: Kontex’s comfact, soft, and effective towels have been woven in Japan since 1935 and are highly effective.
- All-Purpose Outerwear - LFG Golden Hour Performance Quarter Zip Hoodie: LFG makes rad apparel that looks good on and off the course. You'll like the modern yet polished look of this hoodie (especially in Coral).
- Gloves - Asher Evergreen Ice: Precision cabretta leather glove with some style and flair.
- Yardage Book/Scorecard Holder - Bluegrass Fairway: Bluegrass Fairway makes some of the best golf accessories around. Hand crafted in Louisville, each item is as beautiful as it is useful.
- Hats & Visors - Magnolia Golf Company: You'll love their iconic Georgia designs and golf performance quality.
- Cold Weather & Rain Jacket - Deveraux Golf Highline Puffer: A functional and stylish jacket goes well with any outfit. Sleek yet insulated for cold weather and water resistant.
- All-Around Polo - Holderness & Bourne The Hunter Shirt: Classic style with modern performance & tailored fit. Hunter uses pima cotton for a soft touch, optimal feel, and versatile look that's fresh on and off the course.
- Warm Weather Polo - Harlestons The Preston: Moisture-wicking, UPF sun protection, and wrinkle-free make this Charleston crafted shirt perfect for hotter climates.
- Pants - Sid Mashburn Tex Sport Trouser: Love Sid’s golf line in collaboration with PGA pro Keith Mitchell—bringing back classic, refined golf style and affirming Keith as the most stylish on the tour.
- Shorts - Duck Head Long Drive Performance Short: Duck Head combines their iconic look with quick drying performance fabric to make the ultimate golf short.
- Shoes - TRUE All Day Ripstop V2: Water resistant and temperature regulating, these shoes are great for all-seasons play—with versatility to keep your comfortable from the links to the 19th hole.
Part II: Essential Accessories
- Cooler Bag - Jones Ranger (6 pack cooler): One of the "coolest" coolers in recent years. Ranger is a must-have for golf trips.
- Snacks - White Oak Pastures (Bluffton, GA): Delicious grass fed beef jerky made on a Georgia farm with a flavorful “Blistering Buffalo” spice.
- Travel Golf Bag - Stitch MUT Multiuse Traveler Bag: Efficient roller duffle that easily transitions into a golf travel bag. Fits most golf bag sizes on the market.
- Utility Pouch - Magnolia League Canvas Utility Pouch: now included with every Sporting Essentials Kit, this durable pouch is sleek yet big enough to stash sunscreen, balls & tees, & valuables in one place within your bag.
- Belt - Blair's Belts The Stretch Belt: Add some style and swagger to your game. Blair’s is handmade from the finest skins in Georgia, and is as good for business as it is on the links.
- Beer - Peach State Lite: Refreshing and easy to drink, this Athens brewed beer is ideal for days on the links...and UGA tailgates, Golden Isles beach trips, and all your outdoor Georgia adventures.
- Water Bottle - Hydro Flask Lightweight Mouth Vacuum: Lighter and thinner than other models; making it easy to pack and put in your bag. Highly insulated design keeps your beverage cool for 24 hours.
- Booze - Sweetens Cove 22: Backed by Peyton Manning and made by bourbon innovator Marianne Eaves, Sweeten’s Cove is the perfect exclamation point on a memorable trip.
- Speaker - Sonos Roam: Set the tone with crystal clear sound on the go.
- Skincare & Sunscreen - Magnolia League Sporting Essentials Kit & Ultralight Age Defense SPF 50 (launching Sep '23) is the first complete skincare for golfers. Look and feel your best with hydrated, healthy, protected skin.
- Watch - Hook & Gaff Golf Collection: Made by sporting gentleman, and expert watchmakers, in the Carolinas—this durable and lightweight golf watch holds up in all conditions.
- Utility Shirt - Elk Head Clothing Blue Oxford Shirt: The perfect all-around shirt for off the links. Versatile and made with the highest quality fabrics, this shirt goes with everything & lasts forever.
Part III: Inspiration & Reading
- Red Clay Soul: The Streamsong Experience, Long Weekend: Sea Island, Seminole Golf Club, My Five to Play Plus great lifestyle posts & product lists to get the most out of your trip.
- Breaking Eighty: Top 100 Courses in the World, Best Golf in Georgia (see other course reviews by state).
- Kingdom Magazine: Best Golf Destinations, Best Golf Experiences .
- The Golfer’s Journal: Some of the best in golf journalism (membership required).